Please follow the 1-2-3 Guidelines for the items listed below before contacting us. Always Practice Preventative Maintenance!
NEVER put shellfish or potato peelings in the garbage disposal. Do not discard of any oil or grease, this clogs the pipes. Use caution with rags, bottle caps, silverware, shot glasses, etc. that may cause the disposal to stop working.
Should your disposal become jammed:
Purchase a self-service wrenchette / food waste disposer key.
- Turn off the power switch and remove any objects that have fallen inside.
- Check the base of the disposal under the sink for the re-set button, next to the reset button is the insertion for the wrenchette, turn several times to clear blades.
- If you have not purchased a wrenchette use a wooden spoon to un-stick the blades by manually turning the blades (make sure the power switch if in the OFF position.)
Do not flush anything other than toilet paper down the commode. Do not use cleaners / or deodorizers that are inserted into the tank – the rubber flapper will rot. To prevent stopped drains remove hair from tub and sink drains. Bring a large pot full of water to a rolling boil. Pour some plain bleach into the drain and then slowly pour the water behind it then some more bleach. Allow to sit, while it is sitting boil some more water once it is at a rolling boil pour slowly into the drain.
If you should have a plumbing stoppage or leak:
- Use a plunger & Draino (bleach and water works just as fine) to try & unclog the stoppage yourself.
- Check to see if the chain is loose or has fallen off the inside of the toilet tank and replace it.
- Remove any foreign objects & keep water mopped up until maintenance arrives.
It is your responsibility to clean up any water from flooding on the tile or hard woods. If we deem necessary for water extraction it will be provided.
A/C & Heater
IT IS MANDATORY PER YOUR LEASE CONTRACT THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR FILTER MONTHLY. Failure to do can be costly. A properly functioning air conditioner will about 15-20 degrees cooler than the intake temperature. Leave your a/c on during the day, turning it up to 80 while you’re out. Turning the unit completely off is less energy efficient and could cost you more money!
If your ac is leaking TURN IT OFF there is a possibility it is frozen over, the unit will need to defrost before any tech can work on the unit!
If your a/c or heater stops working:
- Always check your breaker box first. Breakers will trip due to too many appliances running at the same time. Flip all the breakers back and forth one at a time, including the big one in the middle.
- If there is ice outside or inside the unit, turn off the unit and call maintenance.
- Check the temperature verses the temperature blowing from the vent 15-20% difference is good.
Washer & Dryer
KEEP YOUR DRYER LINT TRAP CLEAN WITH EACH LOAD. Make sure you are not overloading the machines.
If your washer or dryer stops working:
- Check the exhaust pipe behind the dryer if it is crimped it will NOT dry.
- Check the lint trap if it is full it will not dry.
- Make sure your washing machine is balanced they can become unbalanced as a result of overloading them. A balanced washer will spin and clean better.
Only use soap specifically sold for us in the dishwasher. NEVER STOP YOUR DISHWASHER MID-CYCLE. Always rinse your dishes thoroughly excess food can cause plumbing stoppages. If your disposal is clogged, your dishwasher will not work.
If your Dishwasher is not working properly:
- Check for the switch near the sink next to the disposal this operates the dishwasher. If it is off your dishwasher will not work.
- If you’ve stopped the dishwasher mid-cycle drain water before re-starting.
- Make sure there’s no food in the bottom of the dishwasher that could cause stoppages.
Service Request Form For Emergencies
Call: 474-0111 ext. 103
You may email directly; please view the contact us tab for the email addresses.